Broadview magazine (Broadview.org) is looking for a part-time (17.5 hours per week) digital marketing specialist to help our fundraising, advertising, subscription and newsletter managers execute their online campaigns and grow their revenues through our digital platforms. This is a 12-month contract with the possibility of renewal.
The position will report to Jocelyn Bell, Broadview’s Editor and Publisher. We are currently working remotely but this position may be based in our east Toronto office when it reopens, with flexibility for hybrid work available.
Broadview’s content is focussed on spirituality (from a progressive Christian perspective), social justice and ethical living. It is the oldest continuously published magazine in North America, with roots dating back to 1829. The print magazine is published eight times per year and delivered to paying subscribers. Page views on Broadview.org have grown by 19% in the last year. In addition to our website, we are active on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and are committed to continuing to develop our online presence. In spring 2021, Broadview won “Best Special Interest Magazine” from the National Magazine Awards.
- Assist with planning, co-ordinating, executing and managing all revenue-generating digital marketing initiatives including fundraising campaigns, advertising campaigns, subscription drives and newsletters
- Co-ordinate and serve advertising on Broadview.org
- Conduct A/B testing; report on results
- Create and maintain a digital marketing calendar of activities
- Provide technical support to staff who face challenges using Mailchimp, Google Ad Manager, Facebook Ads and Google Ads
- Meet regularly with various staff to ensure projects are on track
- Suggest ways to optimize our website and our fundraising, advertising and subscription campaigns for greater revenue generation
- Liaise with digital editorial content editors to co-ordinate postings and newsletters
- Liaise with our third-party web developer as needed
- Work on special projects and administrative tasks as required
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology, social platforms, and software trends
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Ability to understand historical, current and future trends in the digital marketing and social media space.
- Resourcefulness. Someone who recognizes challenges and offers solutions, and has an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong written and verbal English communication
- A passion for at least one of the following: journalism, magazines, social justice, or progressive Christianity — or all of the above!
- Diploma, degree and 3+ years’ experience in Digital Marketing
- Direct experience using social media management and analytical tools
- Direct experience with digital fundraising, advertising and/or subscription sales
- Microsoft Office proficiency and experience with project management tools.
- Expertise with Mailchimp, Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, SEO
- Working knowledge of Hootsuite, WordPress, Canva, SalesForce and HTML
Please email a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com by December 21, 2021. Broadview is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity and gender expression.