Broadview.org seeks a full-time (4-month contract) circulation marketing intern to join our busy circulation team.
Broadview magazine is both one of Canada’s newest publications — and the oldest continuously published magazine in North America. Previously known as The United Church Observer, the publication traces its roots to 1829. In spring 2019, the magazine and its digital platforms were rebranded as Broadview.
We serve an audience of progressive Christians and those who share Christianity’s core values, offering our digital audience engaging stories about spirituality, social justice and ethical living, along with United Church news and perspectives.
Our readers are highly educated and love to learn. They care deeply about spirituality, social justice, the environment, diversity and equality and making ethical lifestyle choices. They are digital-savvy, deeply engaged citizens who want to be informed and “walk the talk.”
Independently owned and operated by Observer Publications Inc., our magazine and digital platforms regularly win awards for high-quality editorial content. We offer the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of a well-established, values-driven organization that’s eager to experiment and embrace change.
In this job, you will:
- Assist with planning, developing and implementing sales and information aids and materials for our Subscription volunteers
- Work with management and the web team to execute social media subscription promotions.
- Research media trade opportunities, maintain exchange schedule, update and send materials and results tracking
- Subscription print promotions — co-ordinate ordering materials, assist with campaign creation and analysis as needed
- Ongoing communication with web team on circulation marketing initiatives
- Assist with the execution of digital fundraising campaigns
- Monitor campaign success by tracking results from fulfillment house
- General administration: mail processing, data entry, filing and mailings for donations and group subscriptions
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree or diploma in marketing
- Experience with direct marketing, digital marketing and data-processing
Send your cover letter and resume by MONDAY, AUG. 12, 2019 to email@example.com
Broadview is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. We welcome all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.