Broadview.org seeks a full-time (12-month contract) Assistant Digital Editor to join our busy digital team.
Broadview magazine is both one of Canada’s newest publications — and the oldest continuously published magazine in North America. Previously known as The United Church Observer (and UCObserver.org), the publication traces its roots to 1829. In spring 2019, the magazine and its digital platforms were rebranded as Broadview.
We serve an audience of progressive Christians and those who share Christianity’s core values, offering our digital audience engaging stories about spirituality, social justice and ethical living, along with United Church news and perspectives. Our readers are highly educated and love to learn. They care deeply about spirituality, social justice, the environment, diversity and equality and making ethical lifestyle choices. They are digital-savvy, deeply engaged citizens who want to be informed and “walk the talk.”
Independently owned and operated by Observer Publications Inc., our magazine and digital platforms regularly win awards for high-quality editorial content.
In this position, you will:
• contribute to consistent growth of our web audience.
• help upload content from each print issue of the magazine.
• maintain social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram), create and share stories specifically for these platforms.
• execute social media campaigns for Broadview’s promotional and other marketing efforts.
• assist the Digital Editor with developing, assigning, writing and editing web-exclusive content.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 3+ years of experience in digital journalism.
• The ability to write clearly, quickly, accurately and vividly.
• Exceptional digital reporting skills.
• Creativity, energy, efficiency, flexibility, ability to work collaboratively.
• A solid understanding of our editorial content pillars: progressive Christian faith, social justice, ethical living.
• A degree or diploma in journalism.
• Experience with WordPress.
What we offer:
• An opportunity to be part of a well-established, values-driven organization that’s eager to experiment and embrace change.
• Flexible hours and competitive remuneration.
• A comprehensive health benefits package.
Send your cover letter and resume by Monday, July 15 to email@example.com
Broadview is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. We welcome all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
177 Danforth Ave., Suite 304,
Toronto, ON, M4K 1N2